Wishsong
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain Dance

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rain Dance - Page 2 Empty Re: Rain Dance

Post  SPAZZ911 Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:19 am

"This is a dead end." Kimi stated, standing behind Voltaire. "The tunnel ends two feet behind you and that monster is blocking the only exit." She shivered. "I-I can summon. But my creatures aren't very big"
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:54 pm

"Go and summon then. Little summons are better than nothing," replied Voltaire.

The creature lurched forward with one claw, but Voltaire rolled away from the blow. He spat a series of fireballs at the half-crustacean beast to drive it back. The monster screeched as a couple of the fireballs struck its softer underbelly, but it was still eager to fight.
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Kimi nodded. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, folding her hands together in front of her stomach. Her pale skin glowed black until a small vicious-looking creature appeared on all fours next to her.
(ooc here's a link to what it looks like cause I don't feel like describing it. This is a picture I drew that is on my Deviant art account http://kristy-jylair.deviantart.com/#/d2xhx7m)

It stood up on its hind paws looking smug and baring its fangs. It let out a low dangerous growl and took a step forward.

Kimi's knees buckled and she slid to the floor, fatigued from the summoning. "T-Trevor... Assero..." She panted lightly, pointing to the creature.
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:11 am

"What?" asked Voltaire, before having to avoid another bash from a claw. He let out a fire-breath that singed the monster's head but seemed to do little damage otherwise. "As long as it fights or distracts, fine!"

The half-insect shot forward and grabbed one of Voltaire's arms in its mandibles, the serrated edges digging into his skin. The Hunter hissed in pain, and then he sneered.

"Oh yeah?" he taunted, as the caught limb began to smoke. The beast let go with a gargled shriek as the affected arm caught fire, burning the creature's mouth. His other arm was soon aflame as well. He shot forward and began beating the fiend back, hoping to force the vulnerable belly up into striking range.
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:24 am

The creature darted forward, dropping to all fours to attack the soft underbelly that Voltaire had helped expose. In only a matter of seconds the creature was lashing around in pain as the small summoned creature literally ripped the monster apart from the inside to the point that it was lying lifeless in a pool of its own blood and shredded innards.

Feeling satisfied, the creature climbed from the lifeless corpse and padded over to Kimi, its mistress. It shook lightly, its white fur easily shedding all the gore, before rubbing against Kimi's side.
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:41 am

Some off the shaken-off blood splattered Voltaire, but he didn't notice and wouldn't have cared either way. He already got doused in some of the creature's blood when the little summon began to rip apart its belly. At least it was hot and not cold like rain.

And here's another reminder that just because something's small doesn't mean it's not deadly thought Voltaire, studying the remains of the monster. The excess blood made the cave floor slick, and he had to be careful as he walked over to Kimi. He kept a wary eye on her bloodthirsty little pet.

"You okay?"
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 am

"I will be alright. I am only weary. It takes alot out of me to summon Trevor, no matter how small he is." Kimi pet the creature, which was now identified as a male, causing it to purr much like a feline. "But now, I don't have the energy to send him back." She looked up at Voltaire. "And yourself? Did it hurt you?"
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:56 am

He turned to the arm that had been bitten. A series of punctures lined the lower half, and were bleeding some. Nothing lethal, he judged, but it hurt like hell.

"Nothing I won't survive," Voltaire replied, fishing through the compartments of his belt for some gauze to wrap around it. Since he was using only one arm it was awkward. "Just make sure hairball there doesn't eat me and we'll be all good."
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 am

"Trevor doesn't eat warm blooded creatures." Kimi replied. She carefully stood and helped Voltaire wrap his arm. "He feasts on reptilian creatures."

Trevor stayed close to Kimi. He regarded Voltaire with a sense of protective indifference; he wasn't regarded as a threat but he would protect his mistress till his death.
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:41 am

"Well that's good to know," Voltaire answered, grateful but embarrassed by the extra help. "Anyway, let's move on before something else corners us. How well do you know the cave system?"
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:44 am

"There are seventeen exits, not including the one you came in, and almost fifty ways to get to each from here." Kimi replied. At the awkward silence that followed, she stated, quite softly, "I've been here for a while"
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:53 am

"Good. That way we don't have to wander around lost for hours," answered Voltaire, impressed. He hadn't realized the cave system was that complicated. It made him wonder if there was a changeling tournament being held here somewhere. They were usually underground, in places where Heroes and Hunters would have difficulty interfering.

He glanced at his arm, which was not as painful but felt hot.
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 am

"Um... Would... Would you like something to eat first? O-Or some water?" Kimi asked, blushing a light green at his praise.
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:51 pm

"Well...yeah, I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea. It'll give my arm some time to heal up," Voltaire answered, trying to find someplace to sit that wasn't wet. His phoenix powers gave him accelerated healing, but it would still take awhile for the wounds to close completely. He didn't want to be in close combat with only one arm.
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Kimi carefully led him back to the room he had first seen her in. At least it was dry in there. She restarted the fire and sat on the floor. "We can go when you feel up to it" She murmured
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:34 pm

"Fine," Voltaire answered, sitting down and watching the fire. "What do you have as far as supplies go? I don't want to take much if you don't have much, and I know most of the demons that live around here aren't good for eating. Already tried that and made us all sick for a couple days."

He had caught and cooked a large blue rodent creature that had been trying to snatch away some of their supplies. The Hunter thought it had looked edible, but everyone's stomach cramps later told him it was not. If it hadn't been for that little misadventure, he and the other two would probably have already left this area. But it happened, and here he was.
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Kimi motioned to Trevor.

The creature nodded and tugged a basket over with his teeth.

"There's some dried venison in there. And I have fresh water. But that is the last of everything. I have to try and hunt soon..."
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:58 pm

He took a single piece of meat and began to consume it.

"I can go hunt if you need more food," Voltaire offered. "I'm a Hunter, you know. It's what I do for a living." Even more so nowadays

His arm still ached, and felt oddly stiff. He paused in his eating to rub at it some.
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:45 pm

"No, Its alright. I don't have to eat as often as most beings." Kimi replied. "And I'm more than happy to share if it means helping someone"

Trevor growled rudely.
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Voltaire leered back at the little feline monster.

"Thouf you duf like mamfel meaf," he said with his mouth full of meat, before swallowing it all down in a big gulp. "Anyway, how much is 'not as much'? Weeks? Months? Years?"

The pain in his arm should have died away by now, but it seemed like it was radiating instead. The tendrils of pain were tracing their way through his shoulder and chest, and seemed to tighten them.

"...Hey, that thing we fought earlier, is it poisonous?"
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 pm

"I don't think so... Most of them aren't but I haven't come across one of those before. Why? Is your arm getting worse?" Kimi asked, ignoring the prior question. "Do you want me to look at it?"
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:05 am

"I..." Voltaire began, before wincing. "...Yeah, go ahead I guess."
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:11 am

"Um..." Kimi moved closer to him and gently unwrapped the bandage. "Could you remove your shirt? It would make treating your would easier."
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightbreak Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:35 am

"Sure," Voltaire answered, and soon noticed that he could barely lift the wounded arm. This left him with only one capable arm to take his shirt off, and he soon learned that one arm just wasn't enough. Not that he didn't continue to try anyway, his frustration quickly rising.

"...Goddammit it!"
Nightbreak
Nightbreak
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  SPAZZ911 Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:42 am

Kimi's face blushed a light green. "H-here. Let me help" She mumbled. She helped remove the shirt and had to frown at the wound. "I'm going to have to suck the poison out." She stated carefully. She sighed and glanced up at him before back down at the wound. "This is going to hurt, but I have to induce bleeding around the wound..."

Kimi took a deep breath before putting her mouth over the wound and digging her fangs in deep to pierce the skin around the poisoned area. She started to suck the poison out slowly, her fangs making it feel like glass shards embedded in his arm.

Trevor watched with interest.
SPAZZ911
SPAZZ911
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: